Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's Fall


This weekend was interesting. I spent Saturday putting the finishing touches on a home in Independence with Habitat for Humanity. It was a strange feeling when I was painting the doors, I looked down at the floor when I accidentally spilled some paint and realized the floor I was standing on, I had help build with a hammer and a box of nails. The windows in the bedroom, I helped install, and the roof I was now under, I helped build. It was a real feeling of accomplishment and I highly recommend getting involved with Habitat for Humanity. The family will be moving in just in time for Thanksgiving and for that... I am thankful.


Saturday night I spent out at the Bacchus Foundation Terror at the Midland AKA T7. It was my first "big" Halloween party; although the money went to a good cause (the Ronald McDonald House) I probably won't do it again. It was without class and lacked quality entertainment. But drinks were free from 8-11 so I capitalized on that opportunity. We ended the night over at the Power and Light District on a good note. I walked five blocks home with blisters on my feet.... (Not including the blisters on my hands from working earlier in the morning on the house).

Sunday morning bright and early.... and three bottles of water later.... I headed to church. A blessing arrived at church, my friend Annie and her husband have been waiting on adoption procedures for a little girl from Mexico- she was unexpectedly released from her foster home to Annie and her husband on Thursday. I am overfilled with joy for them. You can see the love in their eyes. It was their dream to one day be parents and now all their dreams have come true. That made my day.

Grandma Nell fell at home and broke two ribs and the Braton family spent most of the day Sunday at the hospital helping take care of her. She is a fighter and a woman I can only aspire to be one day.

So, I end this blog with thoughts of Grandma Nell on my mind.... I hope she gets her rest tonight and starts healing soon.



Dream on.

No comments:

Post a Comment